243 deer/pig load

nova; I've used that load in a lot of different guns and barrel legnths ,(1) Remington varmint special with a 26 in.9.25 twist barrel at 3055 fps. (shot 1 in. groups that were fine for deer but not for long range varmints, that gun loved Speer 75 gr. HP's and would stack em on top of each other). (2) Savage 110 with a 20 in. 10 twist barrel at 3250 fps. with 3 shots inside a nickle. and last but not least a Savage 110 action with an E.A.Brown 28 in. 8 twist barrel with this one my MV came down (2875 fps.) and the first sign of increased pressure is showing up (a flatened primer with firing pin flow, where the primer is flowing back into the bolt face firing pin hole) , with this load and barrel I'm seeing groups in the .300 range at 100 yds and less than an inch at 300 yds.but its took a pile of money to get it to do that.

Dave

Since you brought pigs into the picture-95gr Nosler Partition, 42gr H-4350, CCI-BR-2. Shoot for bone in the front part of the animal and I promise there will be a short blood trail if not DRT.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.