.243 AI velocities

Jimm

Anyone loading the 107smk for a .243 Ai . Presently working up loads for mine and was wondering what kind of velocities are obtainable before pressures are too high ?

Thanks , Jim

I was able to get just under 3400fps with a 30" tube 1-9 twist Hart. These were pretty stiff loads, something like 45gr of RL22. Never got them to shoot that fast but I have sense backed them off the lands with better results so I may need to revisit.

Ive tested up to somewhere in the area of 3200 on a 26" barrel. 46.3gr of RL25 over a cci primer... but, like you and I have discussed, the dang thing just won't shoot...

Thanks guys ,
Right now it looks like a n accurate load in the 3200fps is feasible. I say this because the ladder test I shot this past weekend is pointing in that direction.
\Really, to get a load that groups in the 1" range at 300 yds. is great for me.l Perhaps I did'nt emphasize that enough , ITS GREAT FOR ME, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
A note on another subject, I have really enjoyed the camaraderie, good info freely shared , and all round general good feelings on this site.I would be the the first to say tthat I brought little and gained much. I guess where I,m going with is to say that I would really hate to see the site torn down by factions and and inabilities ( of us all ) to let each other express their opinion without taking it as a personal slam. Please , don't respond to this with posts , just think about it. I have seen many a good site destroyed by this very thing.
I don't know it all and the chances are very high that you don't either. I guess I 'm just suggesting that we all take a step back and consider each other.
Once again . I thank each and every one of you, since I first came here y'all have caused me to spend about 2500 that I can account for /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif and the Lord only knows how much more is in store /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif.
Jim B.

1 inch at 300 is great for ANYBODY

Except for competitive BR shooters. CONGRATS on a fine accomplishment!

I was able to get 107's to shoot decent at 3220 fps w/ 45 gr RE 22. However, this was when temps were above 85 degrees. In the winter, this same load would give me 3060 fps. I have recently gave up on this powder as it truely ****ed me off. I just got finished up loading some test rounds w/ this bullet and RETUMBO. I hope to shoot them this weekend.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.