240 weatherby

filledandfree

Ok people,

I have just picked up the new Weatherby Vanguard S2 in 240 Weatherby, I am NOT going to put a SwaravskiNightforceSchmidt&Bender or even anything close on it. Soooo.....what scope in the $300-$500 range would you recommend? Remember I asked for a scope in the $300-$500 range, not "I would use a (insert your preference here), but...." Thank you in advance for the recomendations.

Not sure if you could squeeze a Vortex viper PST SFP into the $500 dollar budget. If not maybe a Bushnell Elite Tactical might fall in that range. You may watch the Classifieds on this site as well as others for a good deal on used glass. Let us know what you choose and how you like it.

Thank You....I will check out the Bushnell Elite Tactical. It is refreshing to actually have your question answered on a forum instead of people going off on a tangent on what you are "supposed" to have. I am looking at a Vortex Viper that a friend has, so that is within the realm of possibility....

OK....I put a Vortex Viper on the Vanguard last night. Mounted it into Burris Tactical rings. I will be shooting some factory 100 grain sp ammo out of it. Weatherby lists it at 3400 fps, soo it should be interesting. When I had the Pentax on it, it shot the ammo into .52-.97 3 shot groups, with 21 shots fitting into 1.5".......I have regular weaver bases on it, but if anyone has a reccomendation on a different base, let me know......

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.