240 gr Sierra MK

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by bailey1474, Oct 19, 2005.

1. bailey1474

bailey1474 <strong>SPONSOR</strong>

Since the place I work is a distributor for Sierra, I decided to try some of these in my 300 RUM. That is until after the lady that does our ordering called and informed that they were $160 a box /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif!!!! We get some decent discounts but even w/the discounts they were over $100 for 100 bullets!!!!

Richard: I know you'll read this @ some point. I guess that's what I get for not being loyal. If nothing else it sure gave me an appreciation for what your doing. I know you'll make me a better bullet @ less than half the price /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif!!!

2. royinidaho

royinidaho Writers Guild

Yo Bill,

Isn't that for 500????

BTW ya otta move up from that 300 PWM (peckerwood magnum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif) up to a 338 then you could shoot some of Richards 252s. Pretty awesome.

I'm kinda feeling sorry I don't have one of those 270AMs but there is something in the works that is more to my needs at the moment. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

3. Varmint Hunter

Varmint Hunter Well-Known Member

The $160 price that you're looking at is for a box of 500 not 100.
    Midway USA

If you can buy a 500ct box for just over a $100 that sounds like a pretty good deal to me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4. bailey1474

Maybe next time I'll do a little research before I stick my foot in my mouth /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif.

If I was to order 500 of these little jewels, would anyone want some if they would not shoot in my gun?

5. bailey1474

Never mind. Sierra is out and not going to produce any more until Jan. '06.

6. abinok

abinok Writers Guild

Hey Bill,
    Ive got 50-75 or so here youre welcome to if you'd like. Jimm and I will be headed across I-40 monday evening on the way to a p-dog shoot, or Im out your way about every other week. Id be more than happy to drop them off.
    let me know.

7. bailey1474

That would be great!! Of course I'll probably just find out they work well and then I'll be out of them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif.

It will give me a good opportunity to use the Pressure Trace system for load developement though. Send me an email bailey1474@hotmail.com and we'll hash out the details.

Thanks,
    B.J.

8. abinok

abinok Writers Guild

email inbound

9. jb1000br

jb1000br Well-Known Member

BJ -- well that was funny to watch...glad you got the qty. straightened out /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

They ONLY sell them in 500ct i believe

Let us know how they work out /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

JB

10. bailey1474

[ QUOTE ]
    BJ -- well that was funny to watch...glad you got the qty. straightened out

They ONLY sell them in 500ct i believe

[/ QUOTE ]

Somebody has to fill the role of the village idiot!!! I must say that is one of the more retarded moments I have had.

11. unrequited

unrequited Member

Does any one else have some they will part with? So I can load develope.I already tried to order some from the local guy. But was put out by having to buy 500. And he couldn,t tell me when they would come in. Thanks.

12. abinok

abinok Writers Guild

Remington,
    Bill is getting what I have, but I know somebody who might have some.
    Email me privately.