.240 Gibbs

Dadgumit

I need to form some more brass for my .240 Gibbs . Guys should I go the old way and use 30-06 brass or take a short cut and use 25-06 brass. I would save a step working the neck useing the 25-06 brtass ? I am open to all comments and remarks Thanks:D

It really depends on the brass you want to use, if you do not push your 240 HARD, then Winchester 25-06 brass ($45.00 per 100 @ PV) would work fine.
I tend to want to get all that I can out of mine and use Lapua 30-06 brass ($85.00 per 100 @ PV). I am getting about 10 firings per case, so 100 pieces will probably be enough to shoot the barrel out.
If your chambers neck dia is not .277 or bigger you will probably have to turn your necks if you use Lapua brass.

Dave

I need to form some more brass for my .240 Gibbs . Guys should I go the old way and use 30-06 brass or take a short cut and use 25-06 brass. I would save a step working the neck useing the 25-06 brtass ? I am open to all comments and remarks Thanks:D
I use 280 remington brass because it is thicker and will brass will take more pressure and last longer.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.