22N Early Bull Tag

BSSX

I was lucky enough to draw an Early Bull tag in Unit 22N, late september hunt. I have only hunting this area once about 5 years ago and dropped a spike on opening day of a late hunt. I have been told that as this is a Rut hunt the area is not that important, although this is from a local who has a cabin in Bontia Creek and has never yet dropped an Elk. With only three weeks to scout I am hoping for a little help to cut down time and mistakes in areas. Thanks for your time effort and consideration in this matter, any help is greatly appreciated.lightbulb

BSSX gun)

Last edited:
BSSX- IF you are talking about arizona i have seen record book bulls in 22n. where are you?. the most important days to scout are tues, wed and thurs before your hunt starts. other weekends use to learn the area, water holes ect. i had to 17 years for a tag. i hunted every day , saw 67 bulls.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.