22lr Scope. Ballistically Callibrated turrets?

Weidah

Hi!

I'm getting a Sako Quad with exchangeable barrels. First I'm gonna get a 22lr and later maybe a 17hmr. I just went with a 3-12x scope.

I came across a nice scope:

Simmons 3-12x40 Pro Target

It said something about ballistically calibrated turrets for a 17hmr although I have no idea what that means. I'm guessing besides normal MOA marks it also has marks on the turrets for different distances? It's not something I looked for in a scope it just has it.

Will I have any problems with the scope? Or is it what I said, besides normal MOA markings also predetermined positions for different distances? From the images supplied on amazon I can't really see anything different on the turrets.

If you have any idea about this "Calibrated Turrets" thing please let me know so I cancel the order while I still can. As I said first I'll be using a 22lr barrel.

http://www.simmonsoptics.com/riflescopes/ProTarget.cfm

Also it says it has side parallax adjustment on the specifications list, yet on the features list it says "3-12 & 6-18 will have side focus". So what does it have?

Thanks,

Tom

EDIT: I hope this doesn't mean I'll have to count clicks. I hate that.

Last edited:
Ok, I finally got someone that knows what he's talking about from Simmons.

If anyone is interested the scope has 2 different elevation turret caps. 1 calibrated for the 17hmr (for this specific scope) and 1 that is just a normal MOA cap. Great news for me, but bad marketing for Bushnell/Simmons, it is very confusing. It doesn't say anything on their page about the two turret caps.

Tom

I'll write it down once I get it, it's gonna take a while though. They're checking some stuff with the US departments and then another week for it to come to EU.

Ok I got the scope and I'm ****ed, really ****ed. It's missing an adjustment dial. I called bushnell Europe and they had no idea what I was talking about, the woman kept on asking me if its sunglasses I ordered, and then finally I got a person who told me they don't have spare parts. Now I have to wait till later this day that I can even reach anyone in the US.

So much for their BALLISTICALY CALLIBRATED turrets, it doesn't even have an adjustment dial. I took the whole package apart piece by piece, nothing.

Oh and I was talking to someone from Ireland, so that was the problem with communication, I could barely understand what they were saying over the phone.

Really disappointed

EDIT:

Got a great guy on the phone at Bushnell, he's gonna send me a turret over seas free of cost. I just feel bad that I couldn't do a review of our talk on the phone, and give it my thumbs up.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.