22lr 60gr aguila sss (901fps) and 30gr 5x35SMc (4,543fps) vs an orange at 100yds!

Do you happen to know what the parent case is? .204 Ruger?

6mm BR is what the Wiki page says. I met this guy at the local range once. His cartridges are very interesting and efficient but seem to lack commercial success due to difficulty in manufacturing the brass and his larger calibers require bigger than average actions/bolt faces than normal cartridges of the same caliber.

Well any skepticism I had over the "4500 fps" claim were demolished along with the orange... ha ha :D

That would be some serious Red Mist on prairie rats...

Hey so what's the difference between the 5 x 35 SMc and a "20 BR" ?

Just finished reading one of the articles referenced on the Wiki page about the 5x35SMc:

"The 5mm/35 SMc Cartridge in a Custom Savage Model 12"

I had noticed the "bulged" looking shoulder on the 5x35, the article explained that in picture as well as text. The mechanics and engineering of it makes sense to me at least (a geometry nut with an engineering brain).

Would be cool to see side by side numbers/data from a BR vs. the 5x35... just to see. From identical bullets and identical twist/barrel length rifles of course...

Interesting... Thanks! :)

-Clint

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.