.223 wssm question

hi to all. I am about to start reloading was wondering if my winny model 70 shadow will stabilize the 75grn a-max.
if so what would be an accurate load out to 500yds maybe further. to be used on yotes mainly. what do ya'll prefer in glass for that range. under $300.00

I have a win M70 coyote I use for yotes and have shot one out as far as 300yrds with it. My gun loves BLC2 (hodogen) with the 55grn V-max. Have never had a coyote get up after just one shot. At the range it shoots 1/2"-3shots @ 200 yrds with this load. Off a rest it will break 6" diameter (stationary) clay pigeons at 500yrds. It is topped with a Leupold VX-III varmint hunters 6.5-20X40 (not under $300) but I have had great success with a burris ballistic plex on my regular .223rem out to 300yrds. As for the 75gr bullets I have bought factory loads but never shot them. Hodogens website lists load data for 75gr V-max but be careful loading. Do some pressure tests like start 3grains below max and slowly increase to maximum charge. Just an FYI my win topped out way before max load with a sticky bolt and buldged primers. Good luck with the 75gr, I'd be happy to hear results.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.