223 target rifle ?

very cool that you looked into the tikkas i was just going to recommend one from what ive heard. im looking into getting the super varmint in 223 with the 1:8" twist. i think ill top it with a bushnell elite 4200 tactical6-24x50. also looking into muzzle brakes just for the heck of it.

I found a T3 with 20 rounds through it. I had 0 luck finding a Super Varmint

I Have a Tikka varmint in 223. 8" twist. By far the most acurrate factory rifle I have ever shot, and does not have finicky apetite.

cool, what version? i hope i can get a S.V. when it comes time for me to get one

TO be honest I don't know yet if it is a Varmint or Super Varmint. The guy knew little about rifles. He said adjustable stock, but I would thing he meant the bushing for LOP. I'll know when I pick it up from my FFL. either way I'm happy for the price.

TO be honest I don't know yet if it is a Varmint or Super Varmint. The guy knew little about rifles. He said adjustable stock, but I would thing he meant the bushing for LOP. I'll know when I pick it up from my FFL. either way I'm happy for the price.

cool. if it was the adjustable comb, its either tactical or S.V. the think i like about the tactical is the threaded muzzle for brakes.

Do you really think you want a muzzle break for .223? I dont' think it adds to accuracy does it, and flinching is hardly an issue at this caliber is it?

Augs

Do you really think you want a muzzle break for .223? I dont' think it adds to accuracy does it, and flinching is hardly an issue at this caliber is it?

Augs

its more or less just a nice touch. it adds to the look, takes away some recoil and allows u to stay right on target to see where your hits are. most of this isnt an issue with 223 but it does make shooting a little nicer

its more or less just a nice touch. it adds to the look, takes away some recoil and allows u to stay right on target to see where your hits are. most of this isnt an issue with 223 but it does make shooting a little nicer

AND ear bleeding loud. I have one on my 7mag, only way I can stand the recoil. Lord help you if you forget your earplugs if you shoot a deer. Instant hearing damage.

I have a Tikka tactical 223 and a 1-8 and I use it now and again for 300yd F-TR. The thing absolutely loves Varget and Hornady 75gn Amax.

best,
ken

AND ear bleeding loud. I have one on my 7mag, only way I can stand the recoil. Lord help you if you forget your earplugs if you shoot a deer. Instant hearing damage.

yea i hear thats an issue, im not used to wearing heararing protection becuase i usually only shoot 22 and shotguns. ill have to remember to wear my muffs tho

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.