223 Rem

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by REV, Oct 30, 2006.

1. REV

REV Active Member

60 rounds later I finally found a load.

Nosler partitions 60 gr
    Winchester Brass
    Remington Primer 6.5
    IMR 4895 25.7 gr (0.2gr over cook books listed max)
    5 shot group =0.5"

Now for the magic two questions:
    at 25.4 I was shooting about 3025 fps
    at 25.7 I was shooting about 2700 fps
    I think my chrono is off or it was picking up the powder going through the sensors otherwise its wacked?

second question should I try 25.8 and see if it goes to a one holer or see if I get any signs of preasure. It seems that the more powder I put to her the better the groups get.

Savage 223 tacticle

2. REV

REV Active Member

Answered my own question. I went back out to the range and shot the 25.8 and a worse group so its out. While filming the goings on a friend noticed that i was shooting powder a good 10 feet that he could see. I had the chrono set up right at 10 feet so thats a wee bit close. I'll go back out later and back her up a bit to see what the velocity ends up being.

3. sniper2

sniper2 Well-Known Member

Get you some Benchmark powder!!!I've shot plenty of one holers with it and some 52g Knight bullets!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

4. REV

REV Active Member

I tried the benchmark but it didn't do as well, if you find yourself in central Texas anytime soon, you can have it.

[ QUOTE ]
    Get you some Benchmark powder!!!I've shot plenty of one holers with it and some 52g Knight bullets!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]