22 Nosler

TXAoudadKlr

Came across it on a Facebook page looks interesting, should be a welcomed addition for the AR platform. I reckon they'll be introducing it at Shot Show.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    63.3 KB · Views: 148
Tag,
My only concern is that this small case head is strong enough to edure as much pressure that this case volume is capable of producing and be able to be reloaded more than three times without loosing primer pockets. ????
Otherwise I'm in.

Guess we'll find out eventually. They have this with the AR-15 in mind I was thinking earlier today how cool it would be if someone used a shortened 284 case and stuffed it in an AR10

Guess we'll find out eventually. They have this with the AR-15 in mind I was thinking earlier today how cool it would be if someone used a shortened 284 case and stuffed it in an AR10

You should be able to run a straight 284 in an AR-10. Your OAL would be pretty short if you wanted to run the longer VLDs, but it should still beat a 7/08.

As far as the 22 Nosler, it looks a lot like a 6.8 SPC necked down to 22. Should be pretty potent out of a gas gun!

You should be able to run a straight 284 in an AR-10. Your OAL would be pretty short if you wanted to run the longer VLDs, but it should still beat a 7/08.

As far as the 22 Nosler, it looks a lot like a 6.8 SPC necked down to 22. Should be pretty potent out of a gas gun!

No doubt, I'm considering getting an upper in it when it becomes available.

I'm curious if nosler will be doing anything for the bigger AR-10 platform. You could shorten the 284 to the same length as the 308 neck it down to 6mm or 6.5 and spank the crap out of the 243 and 6.5 creed or 260.

Several years ago I designed several wildcats that would blow your mind. And they're NOT designed for the AR10 platform, but should produce .308 Win (or better) ballistics. :D

That's all I can say right now. :cool:

I've seen post already it's not living up to what Nosler has claimed

You have to use modern powder types like CFE 223 and Ram shot big game on the 55 grain H414 is good for the heavy bullets. H100V might even work with and above 75 gr.

You can't use old stuff Like H335

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.