22-6mm Newbie Here - Advice Please

22-6mm 69gr partition 49.6gr RL22

Approx 150lb Pig standing broadside at about 40yds. Clean impact wound behind shoulder, lot's of blowout. Softball sized patch of lung
IMG_2943.jpg
blood, then several large drops, not much blood trail. Bullet did not exit. Ran approx. 40yds then collapsed. Dead when I got out of truck and got there. Pistol in pic is for size comparison.

22-6mm 69gr partition 49.6gr RL22

Approx 150lb Pig standing broadside at about 40yds. Clean impact wound behind shoulder, lot's of blowout. Softball sized patch of lung View attachment 137322 blood, then several large drops, not much blood trail. Bullet did not exit. Ran approx. 40yds then collapsed. Dead when I got out of truck and got there. Pistol in pic is for size comparison.

That pig does not look well. I guess that little bullet spoiled his day ……..

If you want an exit you might try the Barnes 70 grain Tsx.

I've developed a load using the 225 TSX in my .358 Norma Mag. Shoots great but I haven't put it on game yet. I may try the .224's but I don't want to shoot this rifle too much, trying to make it last a while before I have to re-barrel. I'll probably play with these Swift's a little more, I bought two boxes and they ain't cheap!
Thanks for the reply. Have a good one.

That pig does not look well. I guess that little bullet spoiled his day ……..

No sir, no more boom-boom for that one. I hate to waste but it is too hot to butcher pork and they are nasty with fleas and ticks this time of year. We've had a bunch of rain and they are really tearing the place up. Just critter control at this point. My buddy is bringing his coyote call out this weekend. I'll try this little .224 on a dog or two maybe.

Y 'all have a good one!

No sir, no more boom-boom for that one. I hate to waste but it is too hot to butcher pork and they are nasty with fleas and ticks this time of year. We've had a bunch of rain and they are really tearing the place up. Just critter control at this point. My buddy is bringing his coyote call out this weekend. I'll try this little .224 on a dog or two maybe.

Y 'all have a good one!

The 'yotes aren't going to fare any better than the pig did. There will be no more boom-boom for them, either. I've shot a lot of coyotes with the 22-250 and the 64-grain power points, and it upsets all their bodily functions. That bullet goes through them the long way - frontal chest shots exited. I would expect similar results with the nosler bullet you're using. Have fun.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.