.22-6MM Ackley Improved cartridge lenght?

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by SCshooter, Aug 6, 2011.

1. SCshooter

SCshooter Member

I need the max case length and trim to length for the .22-6mm Ackley Improved. Can anyone help me?
    Thanks,

2. SCshooter

SCshooter Member

I meant that I needed the max case lenght and the trim-to length for the .22-6mm AI.

SCshooter

3. Dano1

Dano1 Well-Known Member

Case max and Trim length are always the same as the parent cartridge, with the Ackley Improved style cases.

The Loaded cartridge length depends on your magazine length, and if you are seating the bullets off of the lands. Rule of thumb for general seating depth is one caliber deep into the neck, so you would be seating the bullets .223" into the neck and then taking an overall cartridge measurement.

hope this helps,

Dan

(sorry, I don't have a manual with me to give the exact measurements.)

4. SCshooter

SCshooter Member

I meant case length and found the reamer dimensions that had the chamber reamed to 2.217" so i'll back off of that a few thousandths. Thanks for the reply

5. jde650

jde650 Active Member

Hornady manual max case length-2.233"
    trim length 2.233"

Jim:)

6. loaders_loft

loaders_loft Well-Known Member

you can buy from sinclair, a little plug that fits into a severely trimmed case. You seat it long with your dies then chamber it into your rifle. Measure it and that's your max case length. All my guns turned out a bit longer than the reloading manuals specify, which saves me some trimming...

Sinclair Chamber Length Gage - Sinclair Intl