22-250 vs. 223 for a long range beginner?

Hey guy, good question. 22-250 vs 223? Personally I bought a Savage 223 1st and like was said previously I shot many many brands and grains of bullets until I liked the 69gr bthp the best.Now the gun is a model 12 heavy brl with laminate stock and accu trigger.This gun I use for 500yard prone ,way FUN...I also have a Savage 22-250 model 110, and it shoots 50gr and 62gr bullets well.Its lighter than my model 12 so I use it for my calling rig {coyote} here in Michigan when Im not in the woods.Im in a tweener mode with the 250 as i`m thinking I want to customize it with a 1:9 twist and shoot some 69gr Sierras and shoot 800-1000yds...Man I do have the sickness LOL.For the record I love both equally, .223 would be a great 1st gun for all the reasons as stated above. Have fun,practice , and learn all you can from the pros here.Enjoy the journey young man. And always ask questions. Aim small Miss small...Gary

It's ALIVE...(cue spooky music)... another resurrected post.

Since it's alive I'll say get one of each. The 223 in an ar, and the 22-250 in a fast bbl. twist bolt so you can toss the 75's to the next county with ease and accuracy. I've got to get another 22-250 with a fast twist; mine is a 12" twist savage pistol and 55-60gr is about it.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts