22-250 load

Does anyone have a good load for the b78 single shot? I'm just not sure about the rifle and didn't know if mild or hot is better or if I should load with more tolerance? What I mean by that is is the action accurate enough to place the cartridge in the same place every time it is loaded. I'm fairly new to reloading I guess, only load a couple hundred rounds. But I load for 270 and 22-250 and saving brass for 4 other rifles and even some rifles I don't have yet. Any advice on this would be appreciated.

Does anyone have a good load for the b78 single shot? I'm just not sure about the rifle and didn't know if mild or hot is better or if I should load with more tolerance? What I mean by that is is the action accurate enough to place the cartridge in the same place every time it is loaded. I'm fairly new to reloading I guess, only load a couple hundred rounds. But I load for 270 and 22-250 and saving brass for 4 other rifles and even some rifles I don't have yet. Any advice on this would be appreciated.

Your best bet is goin to be start low and work the load up till you like it.
Every rifle is different so its hard to say.

I pick up some IMR 8082XBR to try. I have been using IMR4895 but no luck finding 4895 anywhere that i live.

Anyone ever try 8082 in the 22-250?

Book max of varget with a 55 gr v max for me. Shot tight clover leafs all day long in a Savage 12 bvss. But be careful because that was the max of my rifle

IMR-4064 can't beat it 55 gr. Nosler B.T. acc. and vel. is the best. i have tried them all 3 diff. guns.

36 grains of IMR 8208 XBR with a CCI BR-2 and 40 grain V-Max does work on a coyote with very lil pelt damage. But that 8208 shoots super fast and is hard on barrels

mugadutz how much of the 4064 are you using? i'm using 36.5 grs of 4064 with the 55gr nbt and it performs very well.
don

I used the Sierra accuracy load of 34.9 grains of Reloader 15 pushing a Sierra Matchking 52 Gr. HPBT. At 100 yards I achieved a one hole 3 shot group that measured 0.3360 for the complete width side to side measured with a digital caliper, not center to center. The bullet diameter is .224. The bullets were moly coated.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts