22-250 Brass w/ .473 Case Heads

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by WbySub-MOA, Jun 26, 2007.

1. WbySub-MOA

WbySub-MOA Member

Can anyone point me in the direction of true .473 diameter caseheads for the 22-250? I'm considering some Nosler brass and wanted the thoughts of others...

Much Abliged~

2. uncleB

uncleB Well-Known Member

what you are searching for does not exist, all the brass makers make them undersized from the mythical .473 some are worse than others. in 22-250 brass Win. and Rem. brass are the worst coming in at .462 to .463 in the lots I have.
    Norma and Federal are the biggest my lots of both are .466.
    I was so frustrated by this problem on my first custom rifle having a whopper oversize chamber (.473) that I spent countless hours making 22-250 brass out of .243Lapua brass that measured .469
    since that time I have realized the best way to go is to have your own reamer made to fit the brass that is available.
    If you are going to use a factory chamber Fed. or Norma are your best bet, if you like the hoola-hoop around the ankles look then Win brass is great.
    UB

3. WbySub-MOA

WbySub-MOA Member

Thanks a bunch for the reply... As I understood it, if any round made using the '06 headstamp, it would be run through small basing processes to ensure proper functions through any auto-loading actions it might be used in.