215s are coming, too soon to celebrate?!

I have,
225s expand reliably every time even down to 1600 fps impact velocity, and they shred an elks vitals like a hand grenade.
I quit using 215s a few years ago after the second time I almost lost a bull with a failure to expand.
When they open up they're awesome, but I don't like the inconsistency
Need to make sure the tips are opened up.

I have,
225s expand reliably every time even down to 1600 fps impact velocity, and they shred an elks vitals like a hand grenade.
I quit using 215s a few years ago after the second time I almost lost a bull with a failure to expand.
Did you get the 225 to group just as good as the 215 ?

I noticed with the 88eldm and 140 ELDm. Our groups weren't as tight as the Berger at 100 but the ELDm stayed tighter at distances 3-400

I have,
I had poor experiences with the VLD 167 7mm and it took a lot of reading and convincing to get me to try the 215 hybrid. I completely disagree with you. That 215 is an elk destroyer and a have seen enough of them die in their tracks to keep shooting it. I took my first high shoulder shot with it last season and it did not grenade but punched a perfect hole through the shoulder blade then dumped it's energy.

I had poor experiences with the VLD 167 7mm and it took a lot of reading and convincing to get me to try the 215 hybrid. I completely disagree with you. That 215 is an elk destroyer and a have seen enough of them die in their tracks to keep shooting it. I took my first high shoulder shot with it last season and it did not grenade but punched a perfect hole through the shoulder blade then dumped it's energy.
Yeah well like I said when they open up they're great, I kill a lot of critters every year and I'm getting less enthralled each season with Berger target bullets with the unpredictable expansion.
Couple other good buds have had the same problems with a variety of hybrid targets, I only use the orange box these days.