215 hybrid how far off lands?

Cheyenne 1

Just starting load development formy 300 RUM in a Remington Sendero.
Using retumbo to start with. Have loaded them at 50 thou off lands and are 3.900 COAL. Shot good, just doing some fine tuning. Was wondering where everyone was having the best success? Close to the lands or more of a jump.This thing has a pretty long throat in it.
Just trying to sped the process up, its kind of a pain in the A## right now, we can't shoot in my back yard cause the snow is still to deep. :rolleyes:
Thanks

i run mine at 3.800 in my sendero. i think they are around 0.1 off the lands. i have never really measured other than chambering a bullet in a fired case then measuring it. these have been legitimate 1/2 moa in my gun out to 500 yards and moa or better after that (shot to 990).
they are really working well for me.

The whole point of the hybrid design is to provide a high bc bullet without the sensitivity to seating depth of the VLD designs. I doubt very much that fine tuning your seating depth with a hybrid will yield much in the way of an accuracy increase.

With the hybrid, your COAL can be dictated by your chamber and magazine dimensions. Load to a length that feeds and functions in your rifle and work up your powder charges to find your accuracy nodes.

I just finished working with some 185g Hybrids in a .308. They were very easy to tune using powder charge.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.