215 Berger 300 ultra stock tube

birddog67

What powder I have retumbo , rem brass , mag federal primers .
Also I am switching to redding or foster neck sizing die and bullet seater dies , what do i need to ask for as far as the seater die to order ?do they make one for bergers ?

1) what size neck die bushings ?
2) is the redding or the foster the way to go ?
3) I haven't got the new Berger manual what is my starting powder weight ?
4) what kinda velocity are you seeing (I have a stock tube ) ?
5) also starting .010 off the lands are these 215 less seating sensitive ?

Thanks SR

Last edited:
I went with redding bushing dies , I am not sure if I need to order the same sizes I had for my RCBS neck size dia for the 210 VLD ?

I cant help with the reloading dies as my friend does that for me. I have a 300 RUM Sendero. 215 Hybrid COAL 3.843. This puts me at 30 thou off the lands. This bullet was not seating depth sensitive. My advice would be not to spend to much time trying different seating depths. I started at 130 off and moved to 8 thou off. All shot at a inch or under at 100 yds. I am running 91 gr H-1000, which is showing no pressure signs, but I stopped there because it shoots so good. I started at 87 gr and worked up. Gives a MV of 2985 FPS. I could probably get it a bit higher but don't see the point. E-mail Berger and they will send you load info. Lots of guys are using Retumbo and it should work. Hope some of this info is helpful.

I went with Reddings type s full length sizer die (bushing) .

Just call Redding and ask for a Tech and he will guide you through the measuring process. If I remember correctly he will ask you to measure the outside neck dimention of your loaded round and then you take 2 thousandths off of that measurment . Its easy with the tech guiding you thru it.

I shoot the .300 Ultra as well.
Good luck.......

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.