212 Eld-x in 1/11?

Toecutter

Searched quite a bit, and couldnt find an answer but maybe im using the wrong search words.
Wondering if anyone has tried using this bullet in a 1/11" 300win mag. I was planning on using H1000 but im not married to it as i have most appropriate powders packed away somewhere. Usually hunting from 3-4k feet. Its in a Tikka T3 lite so id guess its a 22" tube.
Thanks in advance for any info.

I would add that i imagine this twist to be too slow, but id really appreciate some kind words telling me everything is gonna be alright and that bullet will stabilize great out of that tube.:D

I will be interested to hear the reply. I have been putting 208Amax thru my Tikka T3 Lite at 2650fps. They print well at 100 but I have yet to take them out further.

I would like to try the 212 eld-x if the stabilize.

Searched quite a bit, and couldnt find an answer but maybe im using the wrong search words.
Wondering if anyone has tried using this bullet in a 1/11" 300win mag. I was planning on using H1000 but im not married to it as i have most appropriate powders packed away somewhere. Usually hunting from 3-4k feet. Its in a Tikka T3 lite so id guess its a 22" tube.
Thanks in advance for any info.
Not sure how it will work in your Tikka, but I use 77grs of H1000 for a 3 shot group the size of your thumb nail

You are getting pretty low on the stability scale. Berger says a 215 will be 1.2sg running 2900fps in an 11 twist which I doubt you will get in a short barrel Tikka with the magazine handicap. If I am not mistaken the 212 is longer and will need even more twist.

Hmmm.
Thanks for the replys, i may just stick with the 180 accubonds i was using last year. Wish i had the 200 eld's, but these came in a box of components i bought as a lot so they were just a bonus. Kinda torn about opening and seeing what i can do loading her out to the lands as a single shot.
Thanks again

Just looked up the specs on the win mag and the bbl is 24 3/8. Seems the make the mag calibers almost 2 inches longer. Measured my 25-06 to confirm. The plot thickens...

I shoot the Berger 200 gr match hybrid target bullets at 2850 fps in my 300WM using Retumbo at 3400 ft elevation and they remain true to the G7 out to 2000 yards. Seems to be a perfect match for the tikka T3 lite. The 200gr hybrid dropped a nice bull elk last season with one shot. Didn't even take one step before dropping. I have a box of 208gr ELD-Ms to try but haven't had time

Thanks for the info JTB, gonna see if i can trade for a box of the hornady 200's. I shoot 105 bergers in my 6br and they are lights out accuracywise, but i was unable to stock up on more for a while. Finally got a few more boxes but it kinda scared me with the scarcity. Hornadys never seem to be out around here. Was hoping to get a good load with them first at least.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.