210 berger vld which powder?

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by vprimo, Dec 20, 2010.

1. vprimo

vprimo Member

Hey guys I'm looking to start reloading for my remington 700 in 300wsm. Ill be shooting a 210gr. berger vld with a new pac nor barrel that is 31" with a 1 and 10 twist. I have seated the bullet out to 2.99 total length so that it will fit in my wyatts mag box. So I was wondering if anyone has some recommendations of which powder to use? I will be trying the new superformance as soon as it comes out but needed a back up just in case it doesnt stand up being that its a new powder. I have heard good things about re22 but not sure its totally temp stable is this true?

2. FEENIX

FEENIX Well-Known Member

Welcome to LRH and enjoy!

Not a WSM but WM (but it's a start for your consideration), I like powders with burn rates to that of H4831/SC and H1000, in addition, for its more forgiving temperature sensitivity.

I'm sure others will chime in soon. Lots of good folks here that are always willing and able to help.

Good luck and happy safe shooting/hunting.

Ed

3. ICANHITHIMMAN

ICANHITHIMMAN Well-Known Member

Welcome

Try H4350 or R17. I have been working on a load with H4350 and the 185g VLD.

Be sure you have read and understand the loading for VLD bullets artical on the home page.

Jon

4. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

In a standard 300 win with 210 Bergers I use H-1000 with great results. Not sure but would think te WSM would like it too.

Jeff

5. diriel

diriel Well-Known Member

For the wsm I would for sure check out H4831sc first. The next powder I would look closely at is H4350. I use a lot of the russian Wolf LR primers these days with good effect.

Have a good one,
    Gary

6. MSLRHunter

MSLRHunter Well-Known Member

I shoot this bullet in a 300 winmag with great accuracy with H1000, and also retumbo.

7. vprimo

vprimo Member

great info guys thank you for taking the time to reply its all useful info that i will be checking out for sure.

8. BIG MO

BIG MO Well-Known Member

RL22 and H1000 get my vote.