210 berger and 300 wsm

Your bullets are cruising.. is your gun factory or do you have a mega long barrel on there lol. Also, how are you seating them? Seems it would be hard to cram 67 g of powder in the case with a 210 bullet being seated almost at the ogive.. either way those are some impressive results, thanks

Thanks ECS375. Im hoping the 210's will be just as deadly or more than the 185's. If I can get rid of this flu ill go out and shoot the tests tomorrow, will keep you updated

Good job on your loads. My rifle is an FN Win M70 Extreme Weather with a 24" bbl. the loads are seated to touch the lands. They end up at an OAL of 2.996" and still fit and function in the magazine.

Tagging this thread to keep up in case of additional input. Getting ready to start reloading. Been just using factory loads to this point.

Good job on your loads. My rifle is an FN Win M70 Extreme Weather with a 24" bbl. the loads are seated to touch the lands. They end up at an OAL of 2.996" and still fit and function in the magazine.

I have an extended mag ordered. My Gunsmith says he will get it put in for me no problems. Im about .120 jump now to fit in the magazine so hopefully with the new box I can extend it out a little and it will hopefully show less psi so I can add a little more powder to it..

If the weather is good ill chrono the load tomorrow. If im anywhere near 2700 fps im not going to mess with much lol

I have an extended mag ordered. My Gunsmith says he will get it put in for me no problems. Im about .120 jump now to fit in the magazine so hopefully with the new box I can extend it out a little and it will hopefully show less psi so I can add a little more powder to it..

If the weather is good ill chrono the load tomorrow. If im anywhere near 2700 fps im not going to mess with much lol
Be careful. The closer you get to the lans the higher your maximum pressures will be since less gas is escaping prior to the bullet being jammed into the lans and "capping" the chamber.

I'll have to check my notes, but I believe 4831sc chronoed somewhere around 2680-2700 with a one hole group at 64.5 grains. It's a fantastic accuracy load, but I prefer to have the extra velocity of 7828ssc for my hunting load.

Be careful. The closer you get to the lans the higher your maximum pressures will be since less gas is escaping prior to the bullet being jammed into the lans and "capping" the chamber.

Shouldn't it show less psi and more speed the further out I seat the bullet? I'm not sure on this but that was my understanding.

Brent, 4831 is my next try if it turn out that I'm not happy with the speeds out of the 4350. As for right now I'm very pleased with the accuracy out of the 4350. Will post speeds when I get it chrono'd hopefully tomorrow.

Shouldn't it show less psi and more speed the further out I seat the bullet? I'm not sure on this but that was my understanding.

Brent, 4831 is my next try if it turn out that I'm not happy with the speeds out of the 4350. As for right now I'm very pleased with the accuracy out of the 4350. Will post speeds when I get it chrono'd hopefully tomorrow.
More pressure and more speed. The closer your bullet is to the lans when fired the less gass escapes ahead of the bullet.

Whenever you seat out further it's a good idea to back off of the powder charge a bit and then work back up watching carefully for pressure signs.

I'll have to check my notes, but I believe 4831sc chronoed somewhere around 2680-2700 with a one hole group at 64.5 grains. It's a fantastic accuracy load, but I prefer to have the extra velocity of 7828ssc for my hunting load.

I checked my notes for my 300 WSM. The load was actually 65.0 grains 4831sc with a 210 touching the lands. Norma brass, and a CCI 200 primer. Velocity averaged 2710.

This is the same velocity I was getting with a 230 Berger OTM loaded with 7828ssc in the same rifle.

Got the 215 Hybrid shooting from one of my WSM's 30.25" barrel and a Really hot load for winter time hunting.
3022fps

*gotta love RL17

Got the 215 Hybrid shooting from one of my WSM's 30.25" barrel and a Really hot load for winter time hunting.
3022fps

*gotta love RL17

I had a great load with r17 for my wsm. The accuracy wasn't as good as the h4350 but was still sub MOA. And the speeds we're great. But I noticed different speeds and different pressures depending on the outdoor temp. It just wasn't as stable as I would prefer. Im sure your aware of this but just be careful if your still shooting that load in the summer

Ok, enough with the stories. Here's the data that I have.

300 WSM 210 VLD
H4350
Starting load 53.5gr @ 2450
Max 59.6 gr @ 2700

The max load could possibly be exceeded as no 2 rifle chambers are the same. I'm over listed max in my 300 RUM by a full 3 grains.

Keep us posted during load development.

Tom

Loaded my first round of 300 WSM shells a couple weeks ago. First time I've been able to get to the range was today.

I put a new Nightforce scope on so I zero'ed with factory ammo. Then I tried my loads. From what I read in many threads many were having consistency with H4350 so I thought I'd start there. I have a 1/10 rifling and wanted to shoot a heavier bullet so I thought I'd also start with the 210 Berger. Factory ammo shot MOA so after I was zero'ed, I went to my new hand loads.

Powder Ranges from 57.5 to 60 grams in .5 increments. Primer was WLRM in once fired brass - Federal and Winchester.

Best round for me was 59.5 with a 1/2" group at 100 yrds. Seems like something I can work with.

I don't have a chrono yet so I'll have to guess but comparison to Eastcoastshooter and Hodgdon charts (using closest weight bullet 208gr Amax) should put me in the 2700 fps range. I'm not going too long range with it yet but I think I can use that inside 300 yards for a hunting trip this weekend.

Cool looking round with the 210 Berger in that fat case!

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.