208gr Amax

Nomad

Looking for any load information for a 300 rum or 300 win.
Did a search only a couple of showed up. Thanks

in 300 RUM ?

Anybody shooting this boolit in the 300RUM ? Recipes ? I have played with RL25 with poor results and am looking for something else to try ? Anybody ?

Thanks for the info. Retumbo seems popular so I picked some up. I have some loads between 93 and 96 grains ready for testing, with bullets seated to mag length. Hopefully this shows some potential, otherwise, I'll move to testing 200 AB's next. Thanks again

I just came up with a good load for the 208gr Amax for my savage 110fp(300wm).73.2 gr IMR 7828 ,Lapua brass,bullet .005'' off lands,CCi large magnum primer.This load gave me a group of 5/8'' from 140yds.,and 2783 fps.,ES 12,SD 4.

Loaded 40 rounds with 80 gr of Retumbo for my 300 Win Mag tonight. Will continue to shoot at 1000 yards. Will report back in a week or so with the results.

Acloco,

Just wondering if you got any of those results yet or not... I have a couple boxes of the 208s headed my way. I'm also loading them in a 300 WM.

Ditto to what Acloco said

It looks like retumbo might be the way to go in the WM with heavy bullets.Thank you to you guys that are sharing the info.I am looking forward to hearing about it.Pray for the troops!Apologies to Acloco and Txshooter I had your names mixed up.

Last edited:
Thanks GRPolarbear,

I'm still trying to decide which powder to go with first... Re22 or IMR 4350? Now maybe Retumbo?

Here we go

I loaded up 20rds with 77 gr retumbo,208 amax today,new rws brass and cci250 primers,col 3.640, 5 thou off the lands.Hodgdon,s site says 76 gr.start for a sierra 220 gr so I should be in the ballpark.The rifle is a lightly used sav 110 tactical so I,m going to do a break in phase and fireform the cases on this outing,as well as baseline zero for the scope.With the col being so long I have plenty more room for powder,this load was lightly compressed if at all.Should be able to shoot the day after tomorrow, got to go see my smith about mounts in the morning.I won,t have a chrono along so no velocity info,but maybe it will shoot a group.Will post again with some results.GRPB.

New load,new rifle

Managed .810 group off the hood of my pick-up at 100 yards,For the first time out under the circumstances I,m ok with it.Next time out I,ll have 5 different loads in .3 gr increments.Sorry no chrono this time.Take care GRBP

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.