205M or BR4 in AR15

pwrdbycotn

I've been using CCI 41's for a while now but I'm not really satisfied with the groups I'm getting compared to Hornady Superformance 53gr 223. I have Federal 205M's and CCI BR4's but I wanted to know if anyone had used them in their AR before. I just didn't know about using them and being concerned with slam-fires. What are your thoughts?

I've been using CCI 41's for a while now but I'm not really satisfied with the groups I'm getting compared to Hornady Superformance 53gr 223. I have Federal 205M's and CCI BR4's but I wanted to know if anyone had used them in their AR before. I just didn't know about using them and being concerned with slam-fires. What are your thoughts?

I'd change powder before I changed the primer. The none #41's just have a thinner cup... so yeah; I guess that could increase the chance of a slam fire. I've used both and few more, each time I've gone back to the #41 in my AR's
Good luck

I have tried Benchmark and BLC2. I'm going to try loading some with Varget tonight with #41's and some with BR4's and see if I get any difference. Thanks for the reply

I have tried Benchmark and BLC2. I'm going to try loading some with Varget tonight with #41's and some with BR4's and see if I get any difference. Thanks for the reply

Varget good, as is VihtaVuori N-140 one I'd think it might be fun to play around with Hodgdon CFE 223
After bullets go over 65grs I switch to RL-15 or N-150 & N-540 moving up to 80gr bullets, those powders aren't much good if your not shooting 1-8 1-7 twist barrels.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.