204 ruger loads

timz

Almost got my 204 up and running, anyone out there got some good loads they have worked up for this cartridge? Any thoughts on expected accuracy?

27 grains of H335 with Berger 35 grain bullets. Itty bitty groups (.250). Have not checked velocity. Works on Coyotes quite well.

these have worked good for me in Rem 700 VSSF II

All these loads are with Win brass, win small primer, and sierra 39 gr Blitz Kings and are in no paticular order.

1. 30.3 gr BL-C(2)

2. 28.3 gr H335

3. 25.7 gr Benchmark

4. 25.3 gr RL 10X

Good luck they are a blast to shoot

Dan

I am using 40 gn Berger's and H4895 (although, I might switch to some other powder, still looking there). I didn't want it to be too terribly fast out of the shoot (though I chronographed it at 3700 fps), since I am trying to keep the hides. But these bullets hold up fairly well downrange. I've been shooting over tops of some coyotes, thinking I would get more drop, but nailed one at 400+ the a couple of weeks ago that never moved. At close ranges inside 150 and over 100, the bullet does go on through, but doesn't blow off legs unless you hit solid bone. Have yet to try the 30 yard shot on a coyote with it yet.

Hey Dan,
35.0 grs. of Goex FFg works pretty good. If you don't mind
the smoke!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.