2015 Veterans Day Buck

Bull 228

Snuck out on Veteran's Day and filled my buck tag. I brought along my youngest son's pup, that we've been training to blood track. The buck was checking does and I took the shot at 158 yards. The buck took one step after the shot and dropped, and didn't even twitch after that. The gear was a 16" Larue OBR .308 with YHM Titanium phantom can, shooting 168 gr. AMAX.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 113
Wow. Beautiful buck. I've got the itch to shoot a mule deer so bad. I'm hopefully going to find a place to go next year. I'm sure my odds of getting one like that are slim but even a small buck would be a trophy to this eastern boy

I consider myself pretty lucky to have access to some really good private property, anymore that is becoming harder and harder to find in Colorado, much less any state. There is a decent amount of public land here that can be very good hunting.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts