2013 Elk Hunt Vid

BrentM

I don't know if it is appropriate to post this twice or not. Some guys don't like to dig through posts for vids. I did a quick edit, nothing professional about the vid, and put in on YouTube. I usually just do the vids for the family since I generally hunt alone or with one buddy.

[ame=http://youtu.be/MdzGH2059kE]2013 Elk Hunt Part 1 - YouTube[/ame]

BrentM, you can post those videos anytime. Man, great shots---that 2nd bull even had a really nice aiming spot right behind the elbow. I'd say you got yourself a really nice honey hole.................

Randy

Awesome footage!! Thanks for sharing it. This is just what I needed on a cool morning to get me thinking about bow season next week.

Thanks!
Jeff

Thanks guys. The family really likes seeing the vids since they usually can't be there. I get such an adrenalin rush watching these magnificent animals.

I have a gopro camera too but for some reason it would not take vid. I have not looked into it yet but I think the card was full. It is only good for the really close encounters though. I used it last year and the quality really sucked. I wish I could have video'd the big bull but it didn't work out. I think I need put my camera mount back on the bow and mount the new video camera on it.

Couple of Pictures from the Video.

Attachments

• 1236005_654695394540578_2124533875_n.jpg
    1236005_654695394540578_2124533875_n.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 71
  • 1174746_654695374540580_960790265_n.jpg
    1174746_654695374540580_960790265_n.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 63
Yeah, pumped. Good description. My kid was kind of laughing at me and said I had buck fever. I tend to believe buck fever is more a description of loosing control and messing everything up. BEEN THERE. This rush of adrenalin is what thrill seekers look for. There is just something primal about being in the back country and coming face to face with the natives on their terms.

That first brow tine bull was trying to commit suicide, stopping broad side with his front leg forward, I would let him have it right out of the gate. Maybe that's why I haven't shot many big bulls though :D Great video, the cool mornings and evenings are starting to swell my neck up a little gun)

That first brow tine bull was trying to commit suicide, stopping broad side with his front leg forward, I would let him have it right out of the gate. Maybe that's why I haven't shot many big bulls though :D Great video, the cool mornings and evenings are starting to swell my neck up a little gun)

Yeah, I hear that. If its range, be it a cow, calf or bull, it will be mighty tasty throughout the winter........

Randy

Thanks for showing the videos..But I also lose self control when something legal steps into shooting range.. I enjoy a full freezer... .I'm glad you are confident in your honey hole and can get footage to share with us before you have to ditch the camera and get to buisness.... Great Bull and thanks for sharing...
jester

I just realized I didn't put any yardages in the vid.

Target 50.
1st Elk 10.
2nd Elk 30 then circled around to 20.
3rd Elk 60.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.