2012 Long Range Shoots in Townsend Montana

Jeff,

Not gonna make it this Sat. Just haven't been able to get ready. However, things are coming together. I'll be there for certain in June.

My major objective will be to work up a drop chart for the 375. I won't even have the barrel broke in prior to arrival.

Good luck this weekend.

The goat looks super.

I had seen worse forecasts for a long range shoot..

Sat May 12

32.png
74°

Sunny

Chance of rain:0%
Wind:ENE at 4 mph

Roy, there are 3 left after this one. just plan to take your time when you come. I think a bite to eat and some coffe after the shoot is in order.

Jeff

OK, so here's this weeks line up. It now will include the newest member " Freddy Forked Horn" and the return of the " Ding!-0" the Arctic fox.

Be thinking about this guys, we could make this a little friendly competition. Have two spotters to call hits. We all take two shots at each animal target each hit gets one point. Or just do it and not keep score. We will decide at the pre-shoot meeting.

Jeff

DSC03709Small.jpg

DSC03716Small.jpg

DSC03717Small.jpg

Dang it, you pull out the cool stuff the one time I have to miss!! Hopefully they won't get torn up to bad so us slackers will have a shot at it next time :D Taking the first family vacation since moving back to MT!

Trapper we atart at 10:00 am on Saturday, come on over.

BnG, We will save yaa piece. You have a great time with the family and tell Anne I said hi.

Jeff

Update!!!! I spent all day at the range with a skidsteer clearing brush. The problem with seeing the 1000 yard gong from some benches is gone!! I pushed out trees and bushes like a mad man.

Plus I set up rocks at several locations for targets. Then I pushed up 3 more small berms for target backers to spot misses better. I am going early to set up and we will now have steel gongs at 200, 300, 400, 500, 600, 750, 850 and 1000. Plus a set of 5 rocks diminishing in size at 620 yards. Also a big rock about 650 and another on top a wire spool at 700.

The range is rich with fresh targets and has never looked better. It should be an awesome shoot!!!!!!!!

Jeff gun)-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------lightbulb

To any of you that have not attended one of these yet. There is no charge or need for membership for these shoots!!!!!

They are free for anyone that want to join in. We do have a short safety meeting before the shoot and go over a few things. If after the shoot you decide you want to join the club and get a key to the range that is totally up to you. But that is not why I put these on. I do it to promote Long Range Shooting and meet some great people with like interests.

Thanks
Jeff

We had a great shoot last Saturday with 12 shooters total. The range was working great with all the brush cleared. The rocks were fun to shoot and the backstops I pushed up for the gongs at 600, 750 and 850 made spotting misses a breeze and really helped with getting dialed in. It was great to meet some new shooters. Those boys from Billings really brought some nice sticks.

Montana Marine was there with his .308 and put 3 consecutive hits on a 1 moa rock at 1003 yards and get this, all with a 10 X scope!!

Here are a few pics.

The cleared range.

DSC03718Small.jpg

A few of the line

DSC03720Small.jpg

DSC03721Small.jpg

DSC03722Small.jpg

The animal target shoot was really fun. We each took 2 shots at each of 3 targets. The fox at 614 yards, the antelope at 775 and the deer at 840. Fox is life sized, the antelope has a 10" vital circle of AR500 and the deer has a12". Any hit on the fox counted, but you had to ring the steel on the antelope and deer for it to count. No sighters, just range them, use your best dope and shoot.

Two shooters tied for first with 4 out of 6 hits. Pretty darn good shooting with a strong mirage and a variable wind from 6mph to nothing.

Left with the antelope is John Steab and rightis Jason Townsley.

Good job guys!!

Thanks to all for coming!!

DSC03728Small.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.