2010 NV Bull Elk 111 Late

sphengolly

Hi ,Everyone

Finally after 9 yrs of trying I guess the 10th time is the charm I drew my Bull tag. I'm looking for some advice on where to go. I'm looking for a 350 type Bull maybe I might concede on the last day to 325-330 but really want a trophy.

If no advise for a do it yourself hunt how about a recommending a good guide. Good luck to all the other hunters out there this year.

gun)

Congrats, I spent some quality time in that unit over the past 13 or so years for both deer and elk. That is a great tag and depending on your physical and or long range abilities, I can give you quite a bit of guidance. It might work better to PM me? It's a hard tag to draw, and my dad just drew the last elk tag in that area that our family will probably ever get. Lot's of very good bulls out there!

Congratulations, you've drawn a great tag. The quality of the bulls is starting to come back. In case you're not aware a lot of that country has been turned into wilderness which really limits access. Most of the Schell Creek's from Cleve Creek north, all of Grafton, most of the Egan's, and Ward Mountain are now wilderness. You need to get the wilderness maps from the Forest Service and the BLM. Those dam bulls in 11 are still really high even in the late hunt unless you get a ton of snow. We guide in that area and use horses to access the wilderness areas. I sent you an email.
Wes

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts