2008 Coyote Callling Contest.... took 3rd Place.

Sendero_Man

My calling partner, Jim and I attended the annual Campbell County Coyote calling contest again this year. It was the 16th annual event held in Gillette, Wyoming. It is the same one we took 1st place in back in 2006 with a total of 13 dogs.

Anyway, it started Friday night and ran to Sunday at 2pm. It is a 2 day/night event. This year, a total of 55, 2 man teams entered the contest. It ran Dec. 5th thru the 7th.

We took a total of 12 coyotes this year to win 3rd place. First place was 19 coyotes and 2nd place was 13 coyotes. The top 10 teams got paid.

The FOXPRO FX5 is our go to call !! :cool: It draws them in like they were on a string.... ;)

We used Lightforce spotlights and Nightforce scopes. The lights are every bit as good as their scopes. If you are gonna call at night these two are a must have !!

We were shooting 243 Ackley Imp. and 243 WSSM Oly Arms AR-15

This is my calling partner Jim with our first night and Sat. day haul of seven.

2008_contest_Jim.JPG

This is our total for the weekend with me in the back with the Foxpro FX5.
2008_contest_FOXPRO_2.JPG

The board with the winners and total critters for the event...
2008_contest_results_board.JPG

2008_contest_totals.JPG

Last edited:
Well, that's only half a truckload. I suspect if you had killed a whole truckload you would have come in first.

Congratulations

Nice. What sounds do you use, the sequence, and what do you do with your volume? I know this is definately being nosey but I have a Foxpro and try a lot of different stuff with it. We are way down on numbers right now because of mange so there is a lot of skill and luck to get things to work. Unfortunately I am short on both.

Hey that's impressive. Looks like a lot of fun. And just to think; I get excited when I pick off a single yote every now and then.:)

PM's answered.

Give Mike Dillon a call at FOXPRO.

tell him Scott from Wyoming sent you.

he is great to deal with and #1 in customer service !!

Also, I am a dealer for Lightforce lights.

My callling partner owns and shoots the AR. Yes, it does help. Many times we have called in 3 to 5 coyotes on a single stand and it was the reason we'd have more than 2 on the ground.

It is a beneifit as much as the shotgun I keep in my lap while shooting the bolt rifle. picked up doubles with it some too... even got 2 with one shot once. #4 buck in 3 1/2 mags is hard on them :-0

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.