2006 mule deer hunt, looking for an outfitter

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by RDM416, Oct 12, 2005.

1. RDM416

RDM416 Well-Known Member

I am planning to book a mule deer hunt for next fall (06). Are there any outfitters on the site, or do any of you guys know of a hunt or outfitter you can reccomend?

I am looking for minimum 160 class bucks and up. An outfitter who understands (or at least don't prohibit) long range shooting (600 to 700 yards or so) is also a definite plus. I would also rather not have the uncertainty of having to put in for the draw on a tag. That has led me to look at Alberta. Montana and some other areas may have guaranteed tags for some areas or outfitters as well.

If there is anyone interested in going on such a hunt, reply as well. Having another long-ranger along is always fun and often educational.

2. gonehuntingagain

gonehuntingagain Well-Known Member

Any preference on where?

Check with Shawn Carlock - he is on this site, but is probably out hunting now. Season just opened here.

3. Len Backus

Len Backus Administrator Staff Member

Tom Tietz has what you are looking for. Eastern high plains of Colorado with landowner tags. I shot a 172 mulie a couple years ago.

Email is tom@naturaladventures.com

Website is

Natural Adventures

You will be pleased. First class.

4. RDM416

RDM416 Well-Known Member

Thanks guys,
    I'll check in with Shawn and Tom both. Len, it sounds like you had a good hunt. I've heard and read that CO still has some really good muley hunting.

Gonehunting, I really don't have a preference of where. "Have gun will travel" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

5. magicofmt

magicofmt Well-Known Member

6. Big Sky

Big Sky <b>SPONSOR</b>