200 grain Cutting Edge Bullets

Forgot the exact terminology, I use them too in a different caliber and have never seated them so deep as to not see it. I would assume it would bulge the neck a little
The seal tite band measures .310 and the shank .3075 on my calipers. If you have a tight chamber and seat it down in the neck very far it might be a bit of an issue? not sure. I am also going to trim my RUM necks down a little to 2.842 case OAL

It all depends on your freebore. I don't have that much so I had to seat them deep, but I still meet the sealtite band being no deeper than half the neck length that cutting edge recommends. They recommend a free bore of .237" with the C22 but I made it work. They recommended the C21 180 grainer but the .620 BC of the C22 made the choice for me. Judging wind up here can be tricky at times and I need all the help I can get. I trim all my brass to 2.840" every time just as a habit. By looking at my reamer I can trim to 2.850" and still be plenty safe. Old habits die hard. I agree RTK they are deffinately shooters, and very easy to load accurately.

Reuben

The designed/desired seating of those bullets would allow the sealtite band to enter the freebore before the driving band makes contact. I'd consider adding some freebore and a longer magazine.

The seal tite band measures .310 and the shank .3075 on my calipers. If you have a tight chamber and seat it down in the neck very far it might be a bit of an issue? not sure. I am also going to trim my RUM necks down a little to 2.842 case OAL

Rifleman,
I wondered what you meant by CEB's on another thread. Now I know. I might think about giving them a try. Hearing some good stuff. I've actually never heard of them. Thats how new I am to this stuff. Thanks for the tip.

Thanks to AKGuide, as well

I have yet to get any of the 30 cals but I got me a box of Cutting Edge bullets in 375 cal 330 Gr HPBT-Max
they look like mini missiles... the bearing surface doesn't appear to be overly long for such a long sleek bullet, a good thing I guess.. gonna give them a whirl this spring/summer and if they perform well, gonna find myself perched in a high spot in Sept. overlooking a valley I hunt every year, except 2012 where my job kept me from taking my week off for my long range hunt...
ended up doing a late season close range calling hunt...

have several large bull moose in the area I estimate in the high 60's maybe 70" spread and brow palms that look like hands held out palms up..
watched one of the bigger ones shred a christmas tree in a few minutes, looked like a couple sheets of plywood tearing up the tree....

I ended up taking "Satellite" bulls from 55" to 63" from 30 yards out to 650 yards in the last 5 years (yes moose have those too)
still dreaming of a 70" bull moose at a grand +...
sure hope these 375 cal 330 gr CEB's will shoot

anybody take any game with the 375 cal CEB's ?

here's what they look like compared to several other 375 cal bullets

Attachments

• 375 cal bullets-1.jpg
    375 cal bullets-1.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
....still dreaming of a 70" bull moose at a grand +...
sure hope these 375 cal 330 gr CEB's will shoot

anybody take any game with the 375 cal CEB's ?

You & me both! That would be something special. I can't help you with info on them but, if they perform like the 6.5 variety, you will be pretty happy.

t

TYPO alert!

The 3rd bullet from the left in the pic I posted is a "300 gr TSX" not a 350 gr......

have no clue how to remove/replace pic and the edit link is gone now !

Just got some testing done with the C22. At 500 yards they stabilize well but from 600 and beyond they will not stabilize in my 10 twist pacnor moving at 3210. Group at 500 was 2", sorry no pic. The weather may have a little to do with it also. The temp was 15F, 30 Hg, 40% RH, 300 feet alt. I was hoping for at least 750 till they destabilized but oh well.

Reuben

Just got some testing done with the C22. At 500 yards they stabilize well but from 600 and beyond they will not stabilize in my 10 twist pacnor moving at 3210. Group at 500 was 2", sorry no pic. The weather may have a little to do with it also. The temp was 15F, 30 Hg, 40% RH, 300 feet alt. I was hoping for at least 750 till they destabilized but oh well.

Reuben

That's interesting. Were they keyholing? I'm hoping to get 3300 fps @ 3000' elevation and higher.

Yes they were. At 600 I got one perfect hole one keyhole and one clean miss way right. Saw the snow fly on that one. You should be fine at that speed and elevation. The guys at cutting edge told me to test them at range to be sure they would stay stabilized. Sure enough they were right. The guy said if they didn't stay stable you would most likely not hit paper. I can probably shoot them a little further during the summer when the temps come up a bunch. For grins I took my 220 smk load (3075fps) and shot at 500, 750 and 1000 yards. Perfect holes and decent groups. This was the first time I shot past 600 yards ever and was surprised with myself. 4.4"@750 6.5"@1000

Took these out today to see if they still shoot as I was sighted in with 240 smk's. I hooked up a new toy before the group; got a new chrograph, a magneto which seems more accurate than my old chrony. With a 100 yard zero for the 240 match kings, the 200 CEs shot 2.6" high at a 100 and at 3265 fps so are perfect for my 300 yard zero. I tested the 240s also and got 2954 fps as my average. The beta chrony was reading on the low side which is nice as to know. Although I figured it was about 50 fps low with drops using 220 smks. Hopefully I will get some terminal performance info and pics as I will be chasing moose this month.

Reuben

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts