200 grain 6.5mm bullets.

Have a 175 - 180 gr 6.5mm bullet being made for my 6.5 Romulus short action build and the 6.5 LRH in long action (build completed) the current 165 gr bullet was tested by AB and clocked in with a .627 g1 bc (.320 g7) mods will be made to reduce bearing surface, improve the boat tail and a sleeker nose profile to boost bc over .700 , With 100-110 gr of h20 capacity, a heavier 6.5mm bullet is definitely needed, the 140 gr 6.5mm bullet is now like the 180 gr in 30 cal, it works but not impressive

Hoping Berger Bullets don't screw up and do a 150 gr bullet, need a min of a 170 gr Hybrid bullet to really make it interesting, Factory twisted barrels need to be overlooked and completely disregarded, new bullets have to be dedicated to future improvements in instead of the stagnation we are seeing in 6.5 mm , Hornady made a bunch of 6.5mm bullets but again nothing that is interesting, just more of the same 140 ish regurgitation

Wow Swamp that's great but that's what I'm takin about. Maybe not a 200 but a true 6.5 heavyweight would be awesome. What will your twist requirements be to stabilize a 175-180 grain bullet?

Wow Swamp that's great but that's what I'm takin about. Maybe not a 200 but a true 6.5 heavyweight would be awesome. What will your twist requirements be to stabilize a 175-180 grain bullet?
Getting a 7 twist 5R Rock Creek barrel made for testing bullets in the 6.5 Skuldryl that has 110 gr h20 capacity with once fired cases

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.