20 Practical Any Users?

liltank

This caliber has me very intriuged. Just wondering if there are any users of this caliber. If there is, what are your thoughts and opinions of it? How does it stack up to the .204 Ruger? I like its simplicity of necking down .223 casings and loading. Let me know.

JKnepp

here's mine on a Lawton 7000,20''1-12 lilja barrel, custom sleeve over sound moderator with a hand made laminate stock,as to the case forming one pass through a bushing die with a 230 bushing and you are good to go, the group below was shot with fire forming loads.you'll be able to match 204 ruger speeds with 2-3 grns less powder
DSCN1067.JPG
DSCN1048.JPG

here's mine on a Lawton 7000,20''1-12 lilja barrel, custom sleeve over sound moderator with a hand made laminate stock,as to the case forming one pass through a bushing die with a 230 bushing and you are good to go, the group below was shot with fire forming loads.you'll be able to match 204 ruger speeds with 2-3 grns less powder
DSCN1067.JPG
DSCN1048.JPG

good god almighty, thats one sweet looking rifle. great job on the stock!! do you do outside stock work?

I have a savage with a shilen on it chambered in 20 Practical and I love it. I am getting 3950fps out of the 24" barrel with RL 10X under the 39gr blitzking.

My 20 Practical is built on a Savage s/shot action w/Pac Nor 12 twist tube....26" x 1.055" no taper tube...approx 15# rifle...glass is Weaver 4-14 Tactical...easily takes p/dog off their mounds out to 600 yds using the 40 V max pushed by 26/H4895 in a Win or LC case....cases are easy with a Redding 223 bushing die w/.227 bushing and a Forster BR seater for a 204R....great cartridge..the only better 20 is the 20 Vartarg (20 Fireball) 3900 fps w/moly 40 V max

I want to do this to my AR as well. Does anyone know a decent place that I can get it rechambered at for a decent price?

You can get information on the chambering and reamer at 6mmbr.com. Just type in the search function, 20 Practical. They have things to click on that will direct you to getting the info you are looking for.

Tank

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.