2 stage trigger for Rem 700 action

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by davkrat, Oct 27, 2006.

1. davkrat

davkrat Well-Known Member

Does anyone know of a 2 stage trigger for a remington 700. I have a German made airrifle with a 2 stage trigger in it. I'veread that in te US the "creep" in a stage is regarded as a bad trigger. I personally really like the trigger on my air rifle. I like the initial take up before the gun oes off. I think it helps me relax a little by being able to pull a little on the trigger. I don't think adjusting for more creep wuold be the same as a true 2 stage, correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks

2. Black Diamond 408

Black Diamond 408 Well-Known Member

Your right on the creep part, if you put creep into the trigger you would not be able to tell when it was going to fire. I dont know of any two stage trigger for a Rem 700.

Dave

3. Wild_Bill

Wild_Bill Well-Known Member

Hi i know that Kelby has a new trigger with all sorts of adjustments you could give them a try.

What action is it for? some can be modified for a Anchultz trigger i have one here and would be able to do a deal if you wanted to try. Tell me what action and if ti is a repeater os single shot. Single shots will work perfectly. David Tubb uses them on his T200 rifles for the right hand rifles and Jewell for the left hand rifles so the rem and anchultz triggers can be used with the same bolt and sear setup.

Cheers Bill
    Australia

4. davkrat

davkrat Well-Known Member

It is for a stock Remington 700 ADL. Thanks

5. Wild_Bill

Wild_Bill Well-Known Member

You would have to have the action drilled and tapped to fit it but it will work

Cheers Bill
    Australia