2 new toys!

matt_3479

A couple weeks back I ran across a Remington 700 VSSF II in 204 Ruger, and seeing as it's my favourite varmint caliber I couldn't pass up on it. Due to work I haven't even scoped it yet, just haven't had the time but did do some brass prep and ready to start loading.

Well I ran into my favourite store and they had in the back a blue printed Remington 700 S/A, bartlein barrel, sitting in a VLS stock chambered in 20 tac. On top was a sightron SII 6-24x42 target got with a box of between 75-100 pieces of Dakota arms (lapua) brass all for a smoking deal. I have till next Friday to decide if I want it. Due to being an ex-employee of this store I am allowed to test fire it first. Will be going in tomorrow to test fire it and purchase it!! Will post pictures tomorrow.

Wow; looks like you hit the varmint-hunters' mother lode. Two great rifles/chamberings: one a discontinued hard-to-find .204 VSSF; another a well-priced wildcat custom that you can try out first.
I'm not quite that lucky, but I've managed to scare up three .204s that are pretty-much sought after, all at decent prices: a Cooper M21 that the dealer was closing out, same with a Remington LVSF years ago; and most recently, a just-traded mint C-Z Kevlar Varmint as it popped up on an Internet site and happened to be at my local Cabela's.
But that could bring up a quandary down the road: what if - God forbid - I ever had to choose one or two to keep out of the three????

Wow; looks like you hit the varmint-hunters' mother lode. Two great rifles/chamberings: one a discontinued hard-to-find .204 VSSF; another a well-priced wildcat custom that you can try out first.
I'm not quite that lucky, but I've managed to scare up three .204s that are pretty-much sought after, all at decent prices: a Cooper M21 that the dealer was closing out, same with a Remington LVSF years ago; and most recently, a just-traded mint C-Z Kevlar Varmint as it popped up on an Internet site and happened to be at my local Cabela's.
But that could bring up a quandary down the road: what if - God forbid - I ever had to choose one or two to keep out of the three????

I have always wanted the cooper 51 Montana varminter 204. Ruger. Due to price it was hard to go that route. Cz 527 varmint was up on my list but when the Remington 700 VSSF II came up for an amazing deal I couldn't say no!

The 20 tac kind of fell into my lap. I went into the back room and saw it there a week and a half ago. There was no price on it or cost I could find so I tried to get it out of my head. Thursday I went back in saw it again but this time with a price and swung a deal for everything you see in the pic plus 100 pieces of Dakota arms brass for under 1000 bucks! But I got to take it home for the weekend to test it out first before making the final purchase. So she's coming out with me this afternoon to take her for a test drive!! Can't wait!! If not they have a cooper 20 tac Montana varminter model 21 in as well for 1495.00 and if the Rem doesn't shoot I might try and break a deal on that instead

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts