2 front studs on stock?

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by emmagator, Dec 29, 2010.

1. emmagator

emmagator Well-Known Member

Im about to order a Manners stock. Do you guys run two studs up front? One for bipod and one for sling?

2. 270 win

270 win Active Member

I do, really helps when you have a bi-pod, usually the bi pod digs into my shoulder, not anymore haha.

3. rjackh

rjackh Well-Known Member

you could get one up front, then flush cup bases all over

4. ss7mm

ss7mm Writers Guild

I use a stud for the bipod and a flush cup behind it for the sling. Remember to put the rear stud or cup farther to the rear if you plan on adding a Podlock to the bipod.

5. 4xforfun

4xforfun Well-Known Member

I got an A-5 for a friend.....you could not use both studs. i planned on using the front stud for the bipod and the second one for the sling. NO-GO. Maybe I need to try a differant bipod. I have a Harris with the swival. It does not rotate L-R, but side to side for un-even ground. I ended up using the sling attachment on the bipod.

Does a strait, no frills Harris work?

6. emmagator

I have a Harris pivot as well, so will this not work with two front studs? I need to tell Manners what setup i need to i can use my Harris bipod. Should i go standard stud up front then a couple flush cups for sling?

Last edited: Jan 5, 2011
  7. Camshaft

Camshaft Well-Known Member

I also have a side to side pivot harris and mine works with a sling with 2 studs up front, just have your stock builder put one stud and add another yourself in the roper spacing.

8. emmagator

What are the benefits of flush cups? Ill go that route if they are better.

9. rjackh

rjackh Well-Known Member