2 days of hunting

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by bigry26, Oct 7, 2012.

1. bigry26

bigry26 Well-Known Member

My buddy and I went out out friday morning and got these 2 black tail. They were about 200 yards out. We were both shooting tikka 270wsm. I got this big black bear last night about an hour before dark. He was 510 yards shot with my 338 lapua. He measures 6'3" and was in the 400# neighborhood

Attached Files:

2. LightfootE

LightfootE Well-Known Member

those are some NICE blacktails! congrats! love the Tikka .270wsm's too, I have a laminate stainless T3 .270wsm. Hoping to bust another blacktail myself, before the season ends.

3. kcebcj

kcebcj Well-Known Member

Pounded the coast range of central California when I was young hunting Blacktail and 4 pointers were rare. I have 3. The one on the right with the cheater would have been considered a really good buck even back in those days.

Good goin nice bucks both!

4. JackinSD

JackinSD Well-Known Member

Very nice and well done!:)

5. angus-5024

angus-5024 Well-Known Member

Nice! I have limited knowledge on blacktails, but from what I've seen those are pretty dandy!
    That black bear looks like he was coughin a lot of blood. Lungs? What bullet and bullet performance?

6. bigry26

yes it was a lung shot. I am shootin 300 grain bergers at 2720 fps. The bullet was a strait thru devastating shot. I am very pleased with the performance of them. The deer I am happy with also I have one that is bigger than these. Deer of this size are few and far between.

7. bigry26

I just got the final measurement of my bear from the taxidermist he measured right at 7'

8. longrangefreek

longrangefreek Well-Known Member

Very nice bucks. That is a great bear. Congrats on the hunts