2 Bullet Questions

dakor

I have two bullets I would like feed back on and to save forum space I put them in one post. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I would like to hear some feed back on the 6mm 105 A-max on deer sized game. I would also like some feed back on the 30cal 190 Sierra MatchKing on deer sized game as well. I have good load for each bullet but I have never shot anything but paper with them.

The 190SMK works great on deer. I shot a nice buck last year at 650 yards. This was from a 30 Gibbs MV=3030fps at an elevation of 3500ft temp was 15F, no wind. The shot was quartering toward me. Bullet entered behind shoulder 1/3 way up body and exited in front of off side hip. The exit hole was 2-3 inches.

I have used the 105 Amax 6mm From my AI at 3150fps on woodchucks and it blows big holes in them. Would not be afraid to use on Deer size game at all.
Chuckster

Well so far both bullets sound good. I will be shooting those 105 A-max bullets at 3400FPS + out of my 6-284. I might just test them on some phone books and see if they can hold up. Thanks for the info.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts