2.9 Miles of Deer with 338 Edges

Hey Shawn,

I may have got you beat this year. I shot 217 groundhogs during the spring and summer. According to my notes, the average shot was 385 yards. Doing the math, I figure that I've got 43.2 miles of groundhog with my 6.5x284.
:D:rolleyes::D:rolleyes::D

Great shootin' - keep the stories and videos coming!

My sentiments exactly! Enjoyed the read. Looking forward to the video!

I'm all to happy to post stuff like that here. I know I'll be taking some heat over that shot when the DVD comes out from some people. I don't think I'll be puttin it on youtube. Even some long range shooters just won't quite understand the unique and special circumstances that surrounded that shot. To pull up with out having shot to the location the day before and just dial up, take you best guess on wind and let'er fly is not something I would do. You will actually see on the DVD that the evening after we shot the rock to sight in that we let 2 small bucks come and go without a shot simply because neither Travis or I were confortable with the conditions. All of that being said I am certain I will take some crap for the shot and for putting it out in the "open" on video. But it is like I have always said, "Those that can do and those that can't complain."

Hey Shawn,

I may have got you beat this year. I shot 217 groundhogs during the spring and summer. According to my notes, the average shot was 385 yards. Doing the math, I figure that I've got 43.2 miles of groundhog with my 6.5x284.
:D:rolleyes::D:rolleyes::D

Great shootin' - keep the stories and videos coming!

I'm sooo jealous. We had a hard time finding any where I live in PA. I did go to up state NY in Sept. with a buddy, but couldn't find any. I think it was too cold and rained the first day.

Tank

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.