2.5-10 Nightforce 24mm vs 32mm...?

benny

Hello All,
My first time here. I'm not a real long range hunter (yet), as I've only started hunting / shooting again recently after a long time away from it, actually since I was a kid. Anyway, I've got a Weatherby ultealight in 270wby mag that I want to plant one of those NF's on and I was wondering how much is gained by moving up to the 32mm over the 24mm?

The last two years I have used a 1.5-5x20 vxIII on a 7x57 and low light performance never seemed to be an issue. Where i do most of my hunting, in PA, I've not experienced a problem with not being able to see during legal hours.

The big question for me is the exit pupil as far as head placement goes. Does it get uncomfortable or difficult to use, keep in alignment on moving game, when the exit pupil is down to 2.5 @ 10x. Much different from 3.3 on the 32mm?

Is there much difference in resolution between the two scopes?

Keep in mind, for me, long range right now is 3-400yds!!!

Almost forgot to add, this will be my travel gun, hopefully out west and to AK.

Sorry if these questions are basic. I haven't had a chance to look through either one as there is no NF dealer close by.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Last edited:
I have the 3.5-15x50 and the exit pupil are almost the same and I have no problem finding the picture at 3.5 and even at 15x
but if you care to wait I am waiting for my 2.5-10x32 nightforce it should be in late september
bought it because less heavy than my 3.5 to 15 nightforce and more compact
I could give you a better assessment
I have shot with the 3.5 to 15 on running steel target with no problem finding the picture
Canuck

i've got the 2.5-10x24 and love it. all my other scopes have 40 or 50mm objectives, and i am surprised at how bright this little guy is.

it is a fair amount shorter than the the 32mm model, and that was a draw for me. staying super compact with this one. it's a nice change from my 5.5-22x50nxs.

have fun in AK

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.