1st Duracoat Attempt

Misfire

Not sure if this is the right place but I figured I'd post my first Duracoat projects.

The first is my Sendero. Homemade templates and masked with blue painter's tape.
send2.jpg

send1.jpg

send3.jpg

send4.jpg

The second is my buddie's AR. He simply stripped pieces of tape off the role and stuck them on his rifle and then I shot the paint. I like it and told him he should call it "patches."
ar.jpg

I still have my AR to do but I need to decide on a pattern first.

Looks pretty good for a first time project.;)

You did so good on the AR that I can't even see the rings.:rolleyes:

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with for a pattern on your AR.

Like ss7mm I really like the bases on that AR.;)

From the pic against the tree it looks like you may want to tether the Sendero to your ankle or something. If you lay it down while you're draped over a long for a long pause you may not be able to find it.:D

I congratulate you on doing the scopes. A camo job ain't a camo job unless the scope is done also. Good goin'.

Very well done.

I always wondered about trying this idea for a camo pattern/technique.

Going to a "sticker" shop and just having sheets of woodland or what ever type pattern done so that a guy could just peel and stick his way through a paint job.

Just use them for pattern/stencils I mean. I haven't done one yet this way but it sure seems like it'd save time over a roll of tape and an X acto blade set.

Nice job!

Rifle looks great, kinda like the Cabelas outfitter camo, which I think is great for deer/elk hunting. Wanna do another rifle like that?:)

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.