1st AR10, need some input

I have the exact same gun and also live in western Colorado. I bought mine at A pawn in Grand Junction. I put a JP trigger on it and it really made a difference. Mine is sensitive to what loads it will digest. Is yours?

I have the same gun. I agree a trigger and some better glass. Built some
Good rounds for mine. Grouping real well.

I have had the best luck with 4064 IMR and have tried several powders. What powder do you use. Bullet weight don't seem to matter an less It's extremely heavy or light.

I'm building my second Mega Arms MATEN and I love the plateform. Yes a quality trigger is a must and any "AR15" trigger will work. I've used Jewel, Jard, Gessiele, timney and CMC. I have fouind the CMC trigger works best for me because it is a "Drop in" trigger. Most barrels in the DPMS 308 plateform rifles are 1X10 twist so the 175 gr and above bullets work. Both of my MATENs are in 1X12 twist and they love the 168 SMK loaded to M852 Specs.

Hoped this helped and not hendered like some people do. And to help him out the 308 was built by Stoner first and then the 223. The charging handle was in the carry handle groove.

Rhino55gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.