1st 2012 goat

MachV

Well at least it took more than 10 minuts and the shot was longer than 40 yards this year:rolleyes:
Took a couple hours looking over a lot of goats only to find that they is all about the same size in my first goat area. Spotted this guy 615 yards peaking around the hill at us, left my two partners there and dropped off the hill we where on to get a better look. When I got there a dozen does took off to the right followed by a group of small bucks. Where did the big guy go? Looked back at my pards and they where pointing left......Left? all the other goats took off to the right but there he was standing 250 yards away loookig right at me. I hit the dirt with the bipods down and safty off but put the safty back on when the scope revieled he was just an avarage joe.
Then it happened!!! He took off and just like a dog after a running cat the saftey came back off=bang!! dropped him right there =right now! Dangit now I gotta goat to butcher and 3 weeks before my other goat tag is good:D
Just like Rodney "I got no willpower" maybe one of these years a big goat will apear first:rolleyes:

013.JPG

Dont know about a killing machine but am very impatient thats for sure! Kinda funny as my hunting partner can eat tag soup and it dont bother him at all but for me an unfilled tag is a lost opertunity!

Congrats Cliff. Nice shot.

Where abouts you hunting on the next tag?
Is that Casper Mtn in the background?

Next goat tag is for 21 starting the 15th. Probably heading over twards Lusk next weekend for a little mulie hunting.
I actually got this goat last friday, thats Farris MT in the background.

014.JPG

Been busy trying to find Recoil a monster out there.......Lots of good goats but have yet to find a dandy. Not very often you see Canadian geese,pelicans,seagulls and crayfish claws while your goat hunting??
We did however have this guy walk out within 250 yards, Recoil made a great offhand shot! check out the last clip @ the bottom of the page

http://photos.imageevent.com/cjnmn/prairiedogs

Dont know about a killing machine but am very impatient thats for sure! Kinda funny as my hunting partner can eat tag soup and it dont bother him at all but for me an unfilled tag is a lost opertunity!

Next goat tag is for 21 starting the 15th. Probably heading over twards Lusk next weekend for a little mulie hunting.
I actually got this goat last friday, thats Farris MT in the background.

014.JPG

Been busy trying to find Recoil a monster out there.......Lots of good goats but have yet to find a dandy. Not very often you see Canadian geese,pelicans,seagulls and crayfish claws while your goat hunting??
We did however have this guy walk out within 250 yards, Recoil made a great offhand shot! check out the last clip @ the bottom of the page

http://photos.imageevent.com/cjnmn/prairiedogs

Awww, Ferris.....that was my second choice! Geese, pelicans, gulls and craws, how about Carp? Sounds like somewhere near where I used to fish walleye.gun)

I am unable to open the link.

I'll get back with you on the PM regarding whitetail, really up in the air at the moment. But I'll have a much better idea a week or so from now.
Did you all see or hear many coyotes out there in the pathfinder area? I used to spend a ton of time out there hunting coyotes.

Last spring I saw alot of muleys between Lusk and Douglas and North........Niobrara/Converse line. Particularly west of Lance Creek. Long time ago, but with any luck.......?

Yep lot of coyotes along Pathfinder, have herd and sean them on every trip out there this fall. The 150 grain BT out of the 7mag ended this ones career!

037.JPG

Lets see if this link works to the video?
MPEG 95 of 96, prairie dogs

There sure was a lot of rut activity along the resivoir for it being the 30th of September!

034.JPG

As you can see in the background the water level is way down.

033.JPG

024.JPG

Saw a lot of these on the grass flats but this was one of the bigger ones. Lot bigger than any I ever saw in Minnesota!

002.JPG

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.