190 gn Matrix Bullet B.C. .807 Who has tried them?

Anyone try these custom bullets?
They appear to be made in Canada.
Seem to come in a variety of calibres but no VLD type in .338" unfortunately.

The 7mm bullets look interesting!

Caliber Inches: .284
Weight, grains: 190.0
Core Density, lb/ci-in: 0.4097
Core Weight, grains: 141.0
Jacket Density, lb/ci-in: 0.32
Jacket weight, lb/ci-in: 49.0
Ogive Radius, calibers: 13.0
Meplat Diameter, inches: 0.071
BC (static): 0.8071

.284 Caliber Bullets Custom Built for Accuracy | Matrix Ballistics

Custom Rifle Bullets Built for Accuracy | Matrix Ballistics

I can't say as I know anything about them but given this info, I would be VERY surprised if the b.c. was that high........Rich

The surprise here was the JLK 210 VLD Long BT which has a G7 form factor down around .92!
-Bryan

The lower the form factor, the lower the coefficient of drag? That translates to a more aerodynamic bullet?
Forgive me if I'm wrong, still just a kindergarten level student of ballistics.

Last edited:
Hi

Wild Bill on this forum has tested and shot them out of his "F Class open 7mm Saum with 30 inch barrel to 1,000 yards.

Bill stated his calculated BC over varied distances to 1,000 yards was that impressive he may be shooting them at the next F class open Championship.

Accuracy was superb and BC was very, very impressive. BC was just under quoted spec assuming Bills numbers were correct. I am reluctant to quote tested BC's as thats WB'S data.

Actually I have those Matrix slated for my yet to be completed 7mm Dakota build. If Bills' calculated BC is correct my Edge may be parked at the back of the safe for a while.

The Australian conection will be actively testing them on game shortly !
:D Lets see if we have Berger replacement down under as supply hasnt' been the best .

Thanks Bryan.

Bill claculated it at .77 and .78 respectively on his first tets firing with the 190's and was very enthusiastic with the accuracy results. Grouped well enough to clean up most events. He is the Aus open F class open champ.

Benchmark barrels are cleaning up Down Under at the moment.

We will be testing the 168's shortly.

.30 Cals are also the agenda.

They should d do very well in my about to be build custom 7mm Dakota ..

Here are some further details on this bullet:
Matrix 190 VLD
-Bryan
Hi Bryan,
Thanks for making your data available. I find it very usefull.
That B.C. that you came up with is a bit lower than I expected and what is claimed by The Matrix mob. Any idea why the difference?

Would bullet pointing have much of an effect on the B.C. with this bullet?

Yes I do believe it would help topshot, this bullet has good form except for it's meplat- it's too big and ruins the aerodynamics with excessive detached bow shock. The ideal meplat size for this bullet would be around 35 thou if it could be achieved...

Since this bullet has a wide meplat (0.075") to begin with, I expect you could improve the BC by as much as 8%-10% by pointing the meplat. Bullets with smaller meplats (~-.058" to 0.064") have less to gain from pointing, around 2% to 4 or 5% typically.

The BC's stated by Matrix are estimates, and are therefore subject to quite a bit of error when compared to actual test results. Marshal is a good fella and knows this, but the prediction method was the only tool available to him and he wanted to provide something for BC's instead of nothing. I don't believe he's deliberately inflating the numbers, just using the only tool available to him.

-Bryan

Yes I do believe it would help topshot, this bullet has good form except for it's meplat- it's too big and ruins the aerodynamics with excessive detached bow shock. The ideal meplat size for this bullet would be around 35 thou if it could be achieved...
I have a Hoover pointing die and I had the guy at Hoover make me a special pointing punch specifically for the Matrix 190gr and I can get the point down to .053" without deforming the jacket.What percentange gain am I getting on the B.C. by having this done? Oh and yes they are accurate bullets, I am seating off the lands by .025". What distance are you guys seating them off the lands? I shoot a custom 7mm Dakota 25.5" Krieger 1-8.5 5R twist #5contour and using Retumbo 73.5grs for 2900fps.
Thx
Elmer

It needs a ballistic tip:D..Rich

diggin up a old post. i just purchased some 190 matrix for a 7mm. hopefully shooting some next month. work is killin my toy time.gun) shooting a 7 RUM.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.