185 gr berger Hybrid off the lands

britz

I just ordered a bunch of stuff from midway including the berger 185 gr hybrid. Planning to shoot it out of my Tikka 300 wsm. Has anyone had much experience shooting these bullets with considerable freebore? My rifle shoots Accubonds real well, just hoping to get good results w/ the higher bc berger's.

thanks

Mark

well, I'm hoping that they do well with much more freebore than that.. LOL, I guess I will see.

thanks

I load my tikka wsm with 190 vlds .012 off the lands and it is a tack driver. My seating depth was based on mag length for "repeater mode" and it just happened to be .012 from the lands.

The hybrids do seem to be insensitive to seating depths. I seated the 105 6mms in my 6mm-284 to feed from a wyatt's box magazine with a .065" jump. All I had to do was work up the powder charge.

More recently tried some 168 hybrids in my 300 RUM. Used RL-22 and bracketed the charge that worked well with 168 sierra matchkings. Shot two shots for each charge weight at 200 yds. 93, 94 and 95 grs had each pair touching! 96 grs opened up to 3/4". Will be trying these bullets in a 308 win soon.

Can't wait for them to make the 250 gr .338 and 168 7mm hybrids.

that's what I was hoping to hear. I don't remember what my jump is but I know it is much more than .03" (I am guessing it is more like .1"). the bullets should arrive in a few weeks. I will be sure to post the results.

The hybrids do seem to be insensitive to seating depths. I seated the 105 6mms in my 6mm-284 to feed from a wyatt's box magazine with a .065" jump. All I had to do was work up the powder charge.

More recently tried some 168 hybrids in my 300 RUM. Used RL-22 and bracketed the charge that worked well with 168 sierra matchkings. Shot two shots for each charge weight at 200 yds. 93, 94 and 95 grs had each pair touching! 96 grs opened up to 3/4". Will be trying these bullets in a 308 win soon.

Can't wait for them to make the 250 gr .338 and 168 7mm hybrids.
Oh thats interesting and exciting

I just got done doing my initial testing with the berger Hybrid 185's and to say the least they look promising. I was doing my shooting at 200 yards and I was getting clusters around 1-1.5" at around 2850-2950 fps. Also they are seated Far off the lands... somethign like 0.2".

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.