180 accubonds or partitions?

I shoot 180 Accubonds and 67.5 grains of IMR 4831 out of my Sako 300 wsm. Shoots clover leafs @ about 3000 fps. Shot 4 or 5 bulls with it behind the shoulder, none went any distance to speak of.

I'm very happy with the accubonds in it.

Partition if you want to punch the shoulders and Accubond otherwise. The whole purpose for the creation of the Partition was to produce a bullet that would expand but still be capable of very deep penetration on heavy bodied and heavy boned animals such as moose and elk.

The accubond is also easier to load due to the boat tail and solid base and has a higher BC than partitions of the same caliber and weight. The 180gr Partition Spire point has a BC of .474 whereas the accubond shows to be .507; at least that's what Nosler lists them to be.

I would recommend the Accubond, hands down better for punching shoulders than the partition. I use the Accubond in my 300WM in either 180gr or 200gr to take high shoulder shots on Sambar, rarely fails to exit. It is also my preferred bullet choice in my 338WM, I use the 225gr Accubond.
The high shoulder shot is my favourite shot, it takes out the lungs and spine resulting in no follow ups or tracking.
Highly recommend the Accubond.

Cheers.
gun)

If I just hunting the only bullets that ever sit in top of any of my cartridges are partitions or x-bullets, being old old school the only reason is that I've used them for decades without failure in either case. Not that these modern bullets won't work, I'm sure they will but I'm not going to bother starting over.

Buddy of mine loves his Accubonds in a 300wm. Most shots are drt. If not they aren't going far.

87, the most accurate bullet out to 500yds for me is the Partition. Beyond that the Accubond will suit you. I have a friend whose 300WSM didn't shoot either well, but shoots the Berger 185 VLD extremely well. His load has taken 3 elk with one shot kills. Physics will dictate which your rifle likes best and most are different. Good luck

I never shoot at the shoulder bones of any north American game. That's just a waste of good meat.tight behind the shoulder crossing the heart lung and exiting in front of the off shoulder is the best shot you can make!

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.