178gr Amax 308 load data help

hope this helps

Attachments

• HORNADY.jpg
    HORNADY.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 381
I shoot the new hornady 178 match bthp. Its a different bullet type, but lapua brass and 44 grains of rl 15 gives me 2725 with a sd of 7. They group pretty well at 1000 yrds. I have ten reloads on this batch of lapua and they are holding up well. hope this helps you

I actually use the exact same loade with a berger 175 otm. It's a newer bullet designed by brian lytz of berger. It stays stable from supersonic to subsonic and it is supurb. my velocity drops to 2710 with the same sd under 10. I bet 175 smk's would do well also (just a lower bc). The bergers are a higher g7 bc than the smk but the 178 new hornady's are within .2 mils of elev correction on my scope at 1k yards, very high g7 bc also. the hornady's are 29 bucks per 100 and the bergers are 48 bucks....

I'm looking to reopen this thread because all the info I have looked up is old, very old.
Does anybody have any new reload data on the 178gr Hornady AMAX for the 308 for 1000 yards +, I'm looking for data that contains :
type of brass. prefer anything but Lapua
type of powder and grains used.
type of Primers
barrel length and twist. would like 24" barrel with 1 in 10 twist
C.O.A.L and would prefer OGIVE O.A.L
Thanks, Crow Man

I won't post my loads but cfe223, imr4064 are my go too 308 powders. What works in my gun may or may not work or be safe!

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.