175 gr Long Range Accubond in 7 RUM

Looking for a little help with seating depth. Nosler says to load as close to the lands as possible. Tried 3.60 and got marginal results with Retumbo and RL25. Anyone have any info they'd be willing to share ? Best group to date with these is around 1.25-1.5 MOA

Thanks

Some guys have great luck with LRAB's but I have tried the 150 , 168 , 175 in two 28 nosler and three 7 RM and have completely gave up on them . Tried bergers a they all shot great. Somebody might be able to give you some help but I won't waist my money on them any more and they are hard to find here in Canada. Good luck

You likely aren't going to be able to seat them anywhere near the lands and keep the rifle magazine fed. My 7rum is using 3.8" oal for 168(berger vld)-180 (sierra hpbt) grain pills and I am way off the rifling. I'd guess you can take a 4" cartridge but you need to check your rifle to make sure.

You likely aren't going to be able to seat them anywhere near the lands and keep the rifle magazine fed. My 7rum is using 3.8" oal for 168(berger vld)-180 (sierra hpbt) grain pills and I am way off the rifling. I'd guess you can take a 4" cartridge but you need to check your rifle to make sure.

Lefty-- Are you feeding out of a mag at 3.8" and if so is if the Wyatt's Lapua variant?

I have a 7 RUM at the smith right now but have it planned for a BDL bottom metal.

I'm looking at 180 VLD or 195 EOL. I have a box of 7 RUM from HSM with 180 VLD and they are 3.6".

Lefty-- Are you feeding out of a mag at 3.8" and if so is if the Wyatt's Lapua variant?

I have a 7 RUM at the smith right now but have it planned for a BDL bottom metal.

I'm looking at 180 VLD or 195 EOL. I have a box of 7 RUM from HSM with 180 VLD and they are 3.6".

Yes out of the mag., but one down and one up... No Wyatt's mag...

I have both a 338 Rum and a 300 Rum @ the Smith right now and he is installing 4.100 Wyatts box to work with bdl bottom medal. This is fairly new box length. My other 300 Rum has a 3.825 Wyatts box and runs bdl bottom medal. Getting ready to build the 7Rum next after the other two are done and it will have a 4.1 box and probably 28-30" tube. Should be a fun project also to run the 195.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.